Thursday, August 8, 2013

First Week Recap 8/9/13

U11G:
The girls were VERY excited to see each other.  It was good to see that and I let them catch up a little.  Training was alright.  Had to break down the receiving turns for the girls.  They used them all last season but they obviously forgot them.  So we had to spend a lot more time on it then I was planning.  I'll break it down for them again and we will attack it in chunks.  The 3v1 to Bag game did go over very well.  They enjoyed it a lot.  I used to do this activity a lot and I just forgot about it.  I'm glad I saw it used again to remind me how great of a game this is.

U12B:
They struggled a little at the first practice but I modified a few things and the second practice was much better.  The new players receiving technique was lacking so I put a lot more of an emphasis on it for the next practice.  Broke it down for them into smaller chunks and they started to pick it up.  We will have all of next week and I'll be putting together some skill development workouts for them to help them catch up.

U13B:
Boys had an excellent first practice.  I love it when practices run real smooth and this was one of them.  I have no complaints with this practice and I'm trying.  The boys picked up the concepts really well.  Made a few pointers during the possession games and they had the defenders spinning in circles.  Had to start coaching the defenders.

Speed Clinic:
Humam did my teams a huge favor in running the speed clinic for them.  It was really good and I'm really glad I got to watch it because ill be able to implement it into my training sessions so they are able to build off of it.

Sincerely,
    Derek McMullen

@CoachDerekMc 
Facebook
LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment